Dec 31, 2007

Deep Thoughts

Its early morning, the in-laws are in town (but asleep), and I’ve got a nice Latte in the belly. A few thoughts to the end year…

1) What if the H*%& happened this year? Cavs in the NBA finals, Tribe loses three straight to Boston to lose the World Series (we would have swept Colorado), the Browns win 10 games (count ‘em 10) and miss the play-offs, Lady Boilers don’t cover and I had a HA in June (I’m down 10lbs and feeling great). Here is hoping for a bit of sanity in 2008 (I’m giving that long odds).
2) I like Eric’s question regarding Bhutto. However, and I think I’m like most Americans here in that I’ve got no clue about the political climate in Pakistan or the implications of this event. We are in for a wild ride.
3) I got a MAC and love it. B-bye PC.
4) Wine always tastes better in the Riedel glass. Is that being snooty?
5) A new attitude and approach to my golf game is just around corner. More focus on fun and friends and bit less on the competitive/tournament edge (the amount of effort to get to next level probably isn’t it worth it right now).
6) The Patriots are powerful and I’ve gained a bit of respect for the Giants. They played their hearts out (as it should be). Except for the result (nothing personal here Jay, I just don’t like BB), that was the best game I’ve watched all year.
7) Indy has no viable option after Manning. Frye might be better than Sorgi. I thought I heard the announcers say that Sorgi just signed a contract extension. Did I hear that right? What is the Colts strategy here?

7 brief items to end the year …I like that number, especially on the 1st throw.

2 comments:

4micah said...

A few thoughts of my own:

1.) Never kick chairs while wearing flip flops.

2.) It takes more than few daquiri's to make anyone at the Nugget pool look even remotely attractive.

3.) No more women's basketball!!! Stupid Lady Boilers...

4.) Never trust Wiz with compromising photos of you.

5.) Tell Kelly exactly how Wiz is doing in Vegas.

6.) Not listen to the critics who say I won't be back to Vegas in '09!!!

Layup said...

Thats what I like to hear Micah!!!!