Nov 26, 2006

Week 12 NFL Picks: Squeeze Play


Well, this is the time of year where teams are sorted out - "squeezed out" of playoff contention. It starts to become clear who the real playoff contenders are and who are just digits to be discarded on the floor by Bob during one of my favorite games.... Squeeze Play!

The Browns, of course, were picked out last week and thrown to the ground as a digit obviously not belonging to the pool table as seen below. They were the digit "1" in the example seen here.

Now, who will be asked to leave the Squeeze Play set this week? Here are the picks:

Buf 16, Jax 13. The Jags' up and down season continues. And who else out there cut Lee Evans 2 weeks ago?
NYJ 20, Hou 13. Wow - if you need to sleep, watch this one - oh wait, Gus Johnson is announcing the game.
Bal 27, Pit 13. You know, many people over the year ask me "who do you hate more, Baltimore or Pittsburgh?" I usually pause and think about it - not knowing how to answer. Well, if anyone asks me that question again, I just need to think about this week. I want Pittsburgh and Toothlessberger to be exposed as the absolute fraud they are. I'm so pissed we couldn't finish them off last week. It took me about 2 days to get over the Browns' 15-14 loss to the Ravens; I'm still pissed about last Sunday. I want the Ravens to win 99-0 if they could. God, I can't believe I'm saying this. Ravens - beat the hell out of Pittsburgh today.
Cle 27, Cin 24. I had a dream last night that we were losing 21-0 to tbe Bengals in the 2nd quarter when it was called for rain. I hope that's not a sign to come.
Min 24, Az 13. What to say about this?
StL 27, SF 24. Bulger will throw for 3 TDs - AND HE BETTER, since I didn't play Romo in one of my leagues this week!
NO 31, Atl 28. Talking about frauds - here's the Falcons!
Car 17, Was 13. I can't figure out this Panthers team.
NE 20, Chi 17. Should be a classic. And yes, this is a 'punt' pick for the game.
Ind 31, Phi 10. Even the flex schedule can't save Sunday night this week.
Ten 24, NYG 21. I hope the Giants season implodes -a nd I know that means Dallas will become the default champion of the NFC East. I'm already sick of that "BallIn' " jump shot. What does that even mean?
SD 27, Oak 10. I need 6 TD's, LT. Let's get to work.
Sea 31, GB 20. Is Shaun healthy? We will see.

13 best bets for today:
Buf +3
Jax/ Buf Under 35 1/2
Hou/NYJ Under 39 1/2
Bal -3
Min -6.5
SF/Stl Over 44 1/2
NO +3
NO/Atl over 48
Ind -9
Ten +3
SD -13
SD/Oak Under 43
GB/Sea Over 44

( we were 2-1 on Thanksgiving...)

Records to be updated soon.

4 comments:

Eric Z said...

Records so far:

Eric:

80-74-6 before week 11
Week 11: 9-6-1
Week 12: 2-1 (so far)

Derek:
80-80-1 before week 11
Week 11: 6-10
Week 12: 8-5 (so far)

totals:
Eric: 91-81-7 (13 to go today)
Derek: 94-95-1 (3 to go today)

RRD said...

I made the 11th hour switch on Thursday from Kitna to Romo in one league...very pleased with the results.

In my other league I started Kitna, as my backup is Favre and his situation was dicey leading up to Thursday. Sadly, I watched the Lions for the first time this year, and saw Kitna getting eaten alive by Miami. I am having thoughts of dumping Kitna alltogether, keeping Favre, and grabbing Cutler for the stretch run. Thoughts?

dzahn07 said...

Way to nail the TN game. Pretty impressive.

Eric Z said...

rrd:

No no no no no no. Do not drop Kitna. Detroit will be behind in a lot of games - and Kitna will be forced to throw.

Kitna's typical line the rest of the year will be:
27-42, 285 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT.

Compare that to what Cutler may give you. I can't believe that Cutler will throw for more yards.