May 5, 2006

Underwear

For my last post of the day, I just want to tell everyone how much I hate jeans day. I used to like it back when I didn't supervise anyone. But now, here is what I have to deal with.

I have three young girls in the office well under the age of 25. They all wear low rider jeans.....with no underwear. And I'm now starting to get complaints from the other women in the office. So I go over to check it out (its my job), and you can see right down their pants when they are sitting at their desks. And to top it off, the one girl has a mural tatoo of what I think might be a dragon and some stars going horizontal across her back. This thing is much larger than a normal tramp stamp and now can be seen by everyone since her shirt is riding up a little and her low riding pants is down below her crack.

I usually brush "attire" complaints to the side, but even this blew me away. Now here is the question. How do I approach the three girls on this subject of having to wear underwear? I'm thinking about giving this little job duty to my female manager to handle. I'm done with this shit. I can't believe I actually have to have a conversation with someone on this.

3 comments:

The Dudeman said...

Umm, rather than address the lack of underwear, couldn't you just make a policy that low-rider jeans aren't acceptable work attire, even on jeans day? If the girls were wearing cutoff belly shirts with no bras so you could see the bottoms of their boobies wouldn't the solution be no belly shirts?

Really, the problem isn't whether or not they're wearing underwear, it's that you can see down their pants when they sit down. So you're going to make them wear underwear with their low-riders and I guarantee you that next week you get a complaint because you can still see down their pants, but now they have g-strings hanging out too.

Eric Z said...

I'm with dudeman here. You need to set the rules... even pass out a paper to say what is and what is not acceptable on jeans day.

My God - I got this memo once. But it had the words "skort" and "capri pants" on it, not "thong" and "g-string". How times have changed....

*sipping on a Southern Comfort*

Don said...

I realy don't understand the problem here. Sounds like you have some uptight employees to me.