Apr 14, 2009

Happy Schedule Day!

Tonight, the 2009 NFL Schedule is released to the world. Fanatics like me can start planning their Sundays in the fall and determine which Sunday (out of 17) will be the one where the most chores will be done around the house.

What am I expecting for the Browns this year? Well, not much. I would like to have one Monday Night game this year - but I'm not counting on it. If you look at our 5 prime time games last year:
- 3 went down to the wire (Pit, @Buf, Den)
- 1 was a fantastic upset that the NFL world was talking about the next day ( NYG)
- 1 was probably in the bottom 5 of all Browns games I've seen on TV in 20 years (@ Phi)

So - for the most part - we entertained in our Prime Time games last year. Maybe - maybe? - they will throw us a bone and give us an early season MNF game? Say, home vs. Minnesota in October? Over/under for Peterson's rushing yards in that game: 241.5.

Two things to look for in the schedule:
- We go to Detroit this year. The schedule maker can't be THAT cruel and make that Game 1 of the season, right? Will the Lions get their first win in 2 years against us?
- There should be a law - any game involving two cold weather, outdoor teams should be played in the winter. 4 years ago, Cleveland went to Green Bay - and it was a game in Week 2. The temperature was 80 degrees at Lambeau. I sweated my ass off. (But -we won! I've held that over Packers fans here for 4 years!)
I order the NFL to have the Green Bay at Cleveland game be in December.

And, of course, what game will Dad take Freddie and Warren to this year? The rules, as always:
- No division games (except maybe for Cincinnati)
- October or early November (no 90 degree or 20 degree games)
- 1 pm Sunday start

I'm predicting a Oct 25 game vs Jacksonville. Tickets for that should be plentiful.

No comments: