Aug 11, 2013

What I am known for in Guangzhou

So this one hurt a bit. All the families arrived back in Guangzhou this weekend - I went to the clubhouse to take Martin swimming. Freddie was in the lobby with 8 or 9 of his middle school friends.

One of them, Sean, is an 8th grade (good athlete - his dad works at Nike!) and was on Freddie's local basketball team last year. I was the assistant coach.

Sean said hi to me. "Hi Freddie's Dad!"

Hi, Sean. How was your summer?

"Good. Hey - are you going to coach basketball again this year?"

You mean in the league that starts in January? Uh, I don't know. Probably.....

"Oh good! I love it when you coach and yell at the Chinese officials all the time!"

Oh - that's why you want me to coach? For your entertainment?

"It's great! You yell and they have no idea what you are saying!"

Maybe I should tone it down a bit in 2014.....

 

No comments: