Sep 2, 2012

The longest 2 hours.....

I used to think that the longest 2 hours EVER in the history of mankind was.....

1. The two hours before the NCAA Tournament pairings were announced.....
2. From 2-4 pm on Masters Sunday, when the coverage was limited to 3 hours only on Sunday;
3. The two hours between church and the 1 pm kickoff of the NFL games when Layup and I were growing up....


But I know the true answer to that question....

the longest 2 hours of mankind is hosting a birthday party for 4 year olds. You plan it all out - you have 12 types of games to play; it starts at 3, ends at 5; people even arrive late to shorten the party! The games begin at 3:15; after the 10th game of "Duck Duck Goose" and the 13th game of "Simon Says", you look at the clock...

.. and it says 3:39.

What the hell? Who turned the clock backward? I still have to keep these kids occupied for another 80 minutes?

It's been nothing but birthdays for the past 2 weeks - Warren's was the 24th and Martin's was the 30th. I love them, but I'm glad it's over......


 

No comments: