Sep 8, 2012

New German Wine available

Went shopping in one of the newer grocery stores in Guangzhou last weekend. This new store, called Ole', is located in the basement of a very new, upscale shopping mall. So technically, we can get our groceries after purchasing a bag from Prada, underwear from Calvin Klein, and a watch from Mont Blanc.

I went to the wine section to get a bottle of white - and lo and behold, I was speechless at what I found. This bottle sold for 240 RMB - about $35 or so.

Of course we purchased one - to save? Maybe I will open it up after the Browns win this weekend. Or save for Martin's 18th birthday....

(The decorations in the store are seen here. I guess they were celebrating the US Labor Day weekend holiday.....)

(Their wine section is extensive, and expensive. A bottle of 1982 Chateau Rothschild is for sale for 115000RMB - about $18000. Is that a good bottle? I was not allowed to take pictures of it....)
 

1 comment:

Next Adventure said...

I think we should start a business importing French wine to sell to the store! It looks like we could buy it at auction for under $2,000: http://www.wine-searcher.com/find/mouton+rothschild/1982