May 11, 2012

Scaring the help

I stayed home in the morning on Tuesday ( Mon night US time) to watch the Caps-Rangers game 5. I missed Game 3 (the 3 OT game) but saw most of game 4. I decided to treat myself and play hooky from work for 3 hours to watch the pivotal game 5 starting at 7:30 in the morning.

Our nanny (called "ayi" in China) comes around 7:30 - so she arrived just before tipoff. She, of course, has no experience with me watching sports, since all the NFL games are on in the very early morning.

The Rangers first goal in the first period was cause from some (but not too many) loud obscenities. She was in the other room and seemed to hide in there for a while.

Then the Caps scored to tie it - and then take the lead. Yes, there was dancing and whooping it up. At that point, I think she figured out she needed to stay away from me.

I can only imagine what she thought when the Rangers scored the tying goal with 06.6 left.

I left for work after that - I didn't need to see the overtime.

I will be golfing on Sunday morning, and will try to catch the replay of game 7 later that afternoon. No live updates please!

No comments: