Mar 6, 2012

Pre Vegas thoughts

This time next week, I will be on the plane to LA for the annual Vegas trip. This will be the 10th straight March trip for me - either the tournament weekend or the weekend before. Some quick thoughts going through my head 7 days before the trip:

1. I think there will be a slightly different fell to this trip given the timing. Some of us will be out there on Tuesday evening, and all will be in Vegas by 11 am on Wednesday. This is a first. Just think, by Friday morning, the trip will be half over.
2. I'll try to have some self discipline and not go overboard on Wednesday with the NIT games.....lots of luck with that.....
My resolutions in the gambling arena:
3. Would love to play more tiles.
4. Craps - I have a feeling this group will set a record with the number of hours spent on the craps table. I am committed to playing more hardways, less horns, and pressing more of the 6s and 8s. And I would like to dip my toe in the buying the 4s and 10s too.
5. More group sessions at craps. All 6 (7? 8?) of us need to be at a table for at least 2 hours every day.
6. Could do with less BJ Switch.
7. I want to finally - FINALLY - have a winning Pai Gow Poker session with John the Dealer.
8. Can I try to become more self sufficient at the black jack table and not go running for the card every time I have a questionable hand? I'm getting worse at the "book" plays as I get older. A-7 vs an 8. 3-3 vs a 7. 3-3 vs a 3? I'm not 100% sure what to do.......
9. I'll be at the UTH table a lot, I fear.....
10. Sports betting - I know I say this every year, but bigger bets, less games. It's just that I can't help myself........
11. I could use more alcohol in my system this year.
12. Excedrin PM every night. That really did help last year to get consistent sleep. (Is that compatible with #11?)
13. Let's try to eat some breakfast every day, ok? The buffet is good to tie you all the way through dinner.
14. And exercise....at least twice.
15. And one spa session too.

The problem with #12-#15 is that those activities interfere with the gambling time. How many hours in a day are there?

1 comment:

Layup said...

Chances of you and me actually making it out early to do our shopping? 50/50.

You want more breakfast than your muffin (cake) and strawberry milk in the morning?

What hurts the working out is that we all love morning gambling. If we hated it, then we would have no problem working out first thing.

What is going to be our breakthrough gambling moment this year? Pooling our money together for a $5000 sports bet?