Jan 5, 2012

Kansas City and Golf

Am I the only one super pumped about the start of the golf season? Its come to a point now where the start of the season for golf now rivals those of other sports. If I had to ranked the most anticipated start of certain sporting seasons I would have to go with:

1. The start of the NFL season. Fantasy Football, Gambling, and now the SuperContest, I really couldn't sleep. It felt like Christmas as a little kid. That Saturday was a wash as I was just trying to get prepared for Sunday. I think I was in bed by 9 the night before.
2. The start of March Madness. Yes, I count this as its own separate season. Vegas, the games, and being with friends at the tables the night before arguing who is the idiot and who has the true lock of the year is very entertaining.
3. The start of the golf season. The main pickem pool, the side pool, the fantasy league, and the gambling. I spent most of this afternoon dissecting a new pool I joined that uses last years earnings for golfers and sets a salary cap of $19 million. Pick your team. Extremely entertaining and challenging.
4. Everything else from Baseball, NBA, College Football, NHL, and WNBA.

The only downfall to this golf season is that I'm now living in Kansas City in the Central Time zone. Man I'm going to miss the Pacific Time Zone and having those early Thursday and Friday morning text messages coming in when I'm still in bed about my golfer.

No comments: