Aug 12, 2010

Hello!

Well, we are here in China. I found a way (temporarily) to get into blogspot - as most conventional means of connecting do not let me access blogspot, twitter, facebook, youtube, and others....

It's been a long road with some ups and some downs - and some things still unsettled. The apartment search is still not finalized. I feel like the main character on "Quantum Leap" - maybe this day will finally be the day we gt our permanent residence all finalized. Right now, we do not have a real place to live yet because negotiations between the landlord and P&G are stuck --- regarding insurance, of course. So, as of Sept 2nd, we have no where to live.

Maybe today will be the day with good news......

Anyway, things are going fairly well. School has started already; the boys seem to like it. Our driver is working out well; I understand now why we can't drive here. Multiple times per trip I close my eyes thinking we will get into an accident; and yet, there is no crash.

On the Vegas gambling scale, where "Eric" would be the most conservative driver around, and "Wiz Drunk" is a careening, no-hold-barred driver, I think our driver would be like Don. Sensible, yet I swear he says "be, be aggressive" when called for. THe best move he has made so far is going the wrong way in a traffic circle to get to the other side.

I'll have more later - but wanted everyone to know we are doing fine (as fine as expected). Now the fun begins as we settled down!

2 comments:

Schillzilla said...

wow - I could not live without my internet!!!!!!!!!

Glad to hear you guys are doing well - best of luck. Oh and insurance companies suck. :)

Eric Z said...

Well, I have the internet....but no regular access to youtube, blogspot, facebook, twitter....

I can get normal sites just fine.