Feb 22, 2010

Tiger's got nothing on me....

Good evening, and thank you for joining me. Many of you on this blog are my friends. Many of you on this blog know me. Many of you have cheered for me or you've worked with me or you've supported me. Now every one of you has good reason to be critical of me for not blogging in sometime. I want to say to each of you, simply and directly, I am deeply sorry for my irresponsible and selfish behavior I engaged in. As Eric pointed out to me, my real apology to you all will not come in the form of words; it will come from my behavior over time. We have a lot to discuss; however, what we say to each other will remain between the two of us.

So what could pull me out of my posting drought? Yes Vegas. Only a couple of weeks away (2 paychecks to be exact) and I'm getting more and more excited. It seems a little quiet this year which makes some think that this year will be boring, but I'm actually kind of liking all the quiet. This year no arguments about room rates, Palazzo vs Mirage, girls coming or not, how much golfing, when is everyone going to leave, when is everyone going to arrive, and who is staying with who?

This year we have some key players not joining us. Kermit will be a no show for the first time in how many years? 3-4? Ira, who I can't decide whether he made a bigger splash with the group for his crazy craps play or his Megan's law friend, will not be joining us either. They will be joining the sidelines with our friend Micah who I guess still hasn't recovered from that one strange and lonely night at the PaiGow table. Are you ever coming back Micah?

The group is now down to a very strong 8. And finally it looks as if we will have 2 to a room, which come to think of it, might be a first. And we all seemed very focused.

4 comments:

skeetskeet11 said...

After perhaps the greatest lead-in in the history of blogging, your post just stops. I need more! Where is the rest of the posting?!?!

You're out of blogging shape and it shows, sir.

4micah said...

I've started chipping away at the wife. But she throws things back at me like "We need to save for our non-existent child's college fund" and "It's not normal for grown men to go to Vegas and lose thousands of dollars every year." How do I combat this?

It all comes down to income. With what I'm currently making, I don't have a leg to stand on. Blame Stifel. I do.

I will, one day, make my return. Even if it's for 1 final hoorah, I will be back!!!!

Wiz said...

Micah, you should try to take some of this before your next Vegas conversation with the Mrs.

http://natebloch.com

4micah said...

Perhaps Testemax would be a good way to go.

That made me laugh out loud in my cubical.