Jun 4, 2009

Thoughts from a Airport Chili's bar

Is there anything better than finding out that you have a 90 minute layover and finding a Chili's at the airport where you can watch TV, have a beer, and eat about 21 boneless chicken wings? Ahhh...below are some thoughts that prompted me whipping out the laptop to blog at the bar:

1. There is a fat chick sitting across from me wearing a pink Duke shirt. She of course is being very vocal about wanting the Lakers to win and all I can think about in my head is chucking my cell phone at her hoping that it would knock her out cold so I could then walk over there and kick her in the head. God I hate Duke and everything about them.

2. Poor hockey fan can't get the asshole bartender to turn one of the three TVs onto the hockey game. I've never seen such a dick before. Telling him that he isn't allowed to change it, when he has the remote in his hand. I will ask this again, where is the customer service gone in this country.

3. Sat next to an older guy who had a man purse on the plane. I was playing spider solitaire for the most part of the trip and had my headphones on, but he still decided to talk to me about how he is a master of spider solitaire. Really? What part of my body language gave you the indication that I give a flying fuck. I even did the annoyed "I'm sorry are you talking to me?" line. He went on to say that he only plays the 4 suit game since the 2 suit game is too easy. And guess what I was playing. The 2 suit. Ugh.

4. I know dudeman brought this up in the past, but I do find it very strange that Southwest only accepts credit cards on their flights to purchase drinks. Is that even legal?

5. Spent the week in Seattle, where it was sunny and 85 degrees the entire time. Wow, when its not rainy or cloudy, this place is amazing. Couple of comments:
  • Its stays light outside until 9:30pm and gets light at 5:15am. I kept on thinking that I slept through my wake up call each morning since it was so bright at 6:00am. Pretty nice in the evenings and you totally lose track of what time it is when it stays that light out.
  • So I guess they have this law in Washington that they must post the calorie count for every item at a fastfood joint right underneath the picture of the food. So confusing since I kept on getting the price and calorie count mixed up. And honestly there isn't anything worse than ordering a large Blizzard at Dairy Queen, knowing that it is 1600 calories. But of course I still did it...every freaking night.
  • Everyone there kept on complaining about how bad the traffic was in Seattle. And my group from Southern CA was just laughing it off. Um, we are still going 20 mph. That's not traffic, that's moving in LA.
  • They love their college sports in Seattle. Half page picture of the Lady Huskie's softball team that won the national championship.

No comments: