Nov 22, 2008

NFL Week 12: Scott Green


Cleveland! Houston! The matchup screams intensity, history, and so much hate between the two teams.

OK, no it doesn't. It is probably the blandest opponent we play in terms of a "rivalry". I don't even know if I hate the Texans or not.

So, with this vanilaa matchup on tap, why not a vanilaa referree? Scott Green became a head ref in 2004 - and I don't think he has made an impact on anyone's memory - good or bad. Just the way refs are supposed to be.

I will be up there for the game on Sunday with Freddie - I've already picked out his 7 layers that he will be wearing at the game. I hope he doesn't freeze.

NYJ 24, Ten 23. OK, I believe. This is the week they lose.

Chi 24, StL 13. The Rams are bad. Real bad.
Mia 17, NE 16. I just don't think Cassel can deliver a comeback again within the division.

Buf 27, KC 20. The Chiefs have no D. None. And how about Dick Jauron's coaching at teh end of the Monday Night game? "A 47 yarder into swirling wind? No, we don't need any more yards, thanks."

Min 24, Jax 16. I think people underestimate how poor this Jaguars team is. What do they do well?

TB 19, Det 10. Do I have to comment?

Dal 24, SF 23. I think SF is going to show something for Mr. Singletary over the next few weeks. Dallas struggled to win over an overrated Redskin team.

Phi 24, Bal 17. Nobody circles the wagons like...ok, I admit, this is a pick based on my hatred of the Ravens.

Den 30, Oak 10. How will Oakland score? Is Tuisasosopo the QB now?

Sea 23, Was 21. See above. Washington is overrated.

NYG 27, Arz 20. I think the Cardinals - and Warner - have problems under pressure.

Atl 23, Car 20, OT. A classic.

Ind 28, SD 20. The final nail in the coffin for the 2008 Chargers - and for Turner?

NO 31, GB 21. Why do people like GB in this game? Rodgers on the road?

Best bets: 15 of them. 6-9 last week; overall: 93-71-3.

NYJ +5.5
NYJ/Ten over 40.5
Chi -8
Chi/StL under 44
Mia/NE Under 42
Buf -3
Min +2.5
TB/Det under 42
SF +9.5
Phi +1.5
Den -9
Sea +3
NYG -3
Ind +2.5
NO +2.5
4 favorites, 7 underdogs, 1 over, 3 unders. I like the distribution there.

No comments: