Dec 12, 2021

Week 14: Japonais

 

Sorry for the delay in the posting.  Carol flew out to Cleveland to catch a show with Janice, so I had the kids at the beginning of the week, then Carol got the flu, knocking her out, which then resulted in Morgan getting the flu.  So Wyatt and I have been trying to avoid everyone and everything. At to top it off, its Morgan’s birthday today.   I planned on waking up early to do the post, but was a little hungover and ended up watching the F-1 race from bed.  What an ending.  I’m sure if I gambled on F-1, I would have had Hamilton to win the championship resulting in me burning down my house after that ending. 

 

Anyway onto the Vegas trip in 2017.  Nothing major happened here…pretty quiet trip other than Wiz getting into it with a guy who was watching us play BJ.   Wiz was already on tilt and then this guy wouldn’t stop hovering and commenting on our hands.  So after asking him several times to leave, Wiz got up and confronted him and backed him down out of the Salon.   Pit Bosses didn’t really react and just let it go on.  

 

Lots of UTH and Baccarrat sprinkled in with some great golf.  Southern Highlands and Shadow Creek.  This was my only time playing Shadow Creek. Was pretty impressive. I remember being hungover and not being able to hit the ball. On the 3rd hole I said I needed a drink and a cigarette.  Our caddy asked what did I want. Minutes later I saw a guy running down to the green with a pack of Marlboro lights and a vodka tonic.  Amazing

 

This year we had a lot of action on the parlays.  I got lucky and was the only winner in our group parlay which means that I got a free dinner.  Unfortunately this was on one of the nights were we didn’t have a planned dinner.  Everyone except for Wiz and maybe Lee decided on going the sushi restaurant, which I was good with. 

 

Dinner that night was at Japonais in the Mirage; Layup earned a free dinner as he was the "1" from the 1-6 parlay yesterday - we treated him to dinner at Japonais, but I think he was expecting something else. This - and a parlay ruling we will talk about tomorrow - requires some more details on how the parlay works. Where can the winner "cash" his dinner?

 

Ok, Eric leaves out a couple of things.  First, we couldn’t get a table so we had to sit in the lounge section, where we were all on stools.  Our table was even a stool.   We order a couple of rolls since we couldn’t really eat and that was it.  My free dinner was basically 3 pieces of rice.   I was hot about it.  I’m still pissed because of something that happened to me in a future trip.  The dinner should have been continued to the next night when everyone was present and we had a table to sit down at.  But no, the rule was that it had to be cashed in that day.  Whatever.  Keep this in mind when we do the November 2019 recap. 

 

Ravens @ Browns:  So torn here.  This should be a layup for the Browns, but I don’t trust them.

Raiders @ Chiefs:  Love this game. Why are the Chiefs favored by so many

Cowboys @ Redskins:  Line movement is in favor of the Cowboys.  Loved the Redskins at 4.5 now I’m super scared.

Falcons @ Panthers: Who cares. 

Saints @ jets: Who cares #2

Jags @ Titans: Love the Titans.  Meyer will be fired shortly

Seahawks @ Texans:  Love the Texans.  Wilson is still injured.

Lions @ Broncos:  Can the Lions even field a team.  Broncos should roll

Giants @ Chargers:  Chargers aren’t that great.  Giants are still giving full effort. Love the Giants

49ers@ Bengals:  Can’t trust either team.  Like the 49ers, but won’t bet it.

Bills @ Bucs: Must win for the Bills. TB loves playing at home. Getting some value here with the .5 point.

Bears @ Packers:  Revenge game.  Taking the Bears again

Rams @ Cards:  Like the Rams on the road here

 

 

Best Bets

Giants

Titans

Texans

Bears

Rams

Raiders

Broncos

Redskins

 

SuperContest

Giants

Bears

Raiders

Texans

Bills

No comments: