Nov 9, 2014

NFL Week 10: Trucks

OK, it's late, and I am just getting started on the post. Wanted to share this video of normal everyday traffic in Guangzhou - especially the overloading of trucks that are on the roads highway. This is shot on the main road where our complex is located on - this is my jogging path. I had to stop my run and take a video of this monster turning left.

Trucks like this of this length are commonplace; most of the time the load is covered up tightly with blankets/cover and roped down multiple times. I asked our driver once what would be under the covers for the load of a giant truck -- he replied: "Oh, anything, really. Furniture, garbage, metal...."

Um, yeah, sure.....anything.

It's amazing we haven't seen more accidents with trucks of this size up and down the road. The truck drivers themselves are not bad drivers - usually very safe and they obey the speed limit - it's the other drivers of the cars they have to watch out for.

But let's move to more important things - like THE FIRST PLACE CLEVELAND BROWNS! 6-3, with these games coming up (not in order):
Home: Indy, Houston, Cincinnati
Away: Baltimore, Atlanta, Carolina, Buffalo

I will leave it as an exercise for the reader to project the win total for the 2014 Browns - and, as extra credit, predict the win total of the AFC North Champion and the 2 AFC wild cards.

About my picks: I feel as though I have been run over by one of those trucks in the video with the results of my picks. Another horrid week - everything has been going wrong. I think I'm taking the easy way out on some of these games, and it is costing me.

(Will I fall for some similar traps this week? You betcha!)

On to the games:

Bal 27, Ten 17. Something tells me the Titans will keep it competitive against the banged up secondary of the Ravens.

Buf 23, KC 20. Just don't feel like the Chiefs can score enough on the road in Buffalo. I never get this team right.

Det 27, Mia 20. Who has Miami really beaten? I don't give them much credit for a win vs. a San Diego team that didn't show up last week.

Dal 20, Jax 17. Yes, I know Romo is probably going to start (right?). How effective can he be?

NO 26, SF 24. This is the last stand for the Niners; they will throw everything they can at the Saints in a place where Kaepernick plays well.

Pit 24, NYJ 17. I don't see a way for the Jets to stay in it against a Steelers team that needs a win to stay ahead of...ahem....the Browns. Will this reverse jinx work?

Atl 23, TB 17. Betting the bye to work wonders for Atlanta.

Den 30, Oak 20. Will be interesting to see if Carr can keep up his growth in this game.

Az 27, StL 13. Not sure how the Rams will score points; I am scared that the Cardinals are due for a clunker sometime soon.

Sea 24, NYG 20. The Giants need to get out of New York, and maybe I am starting to realize the Seahawks can be beat - especially deep. If the NY O-line can give Eli some time.....

GB 27, Chi 24. I don't believe that both inter-divisional games will be blowouts; one of them will be close. The Pack won 38-17 or something 5 weeks ago.....this one will be closer.

Phi 31, Car 17. Not sure if Carolina is an average defense any more, especially on the road.

Best bets: 13 of them. Last week: 2-12. Holy crap...Overall: 53-73-3. This has got to change....NOW!

Buf +1
Det -3
Jax +7
Dal/Jax under 45
SF +5 1/2
Pit -3 1/2
Pit/NYJ under 47 1/2
Atl -2 1/2
Atl/TB under 47
Az -6 1/2
NYG +8 1/2
Chi +7
Phi - 7

Supercontest: Last week: 2-3. Overall: 25-20

Det -2 1/2
SF +5
Az -7
NYG +9 1/2
Chi +7
 

No comments: