Jan 17, 2013

CBS This Morning, Live from Macau!

I know most of you have heard this story, but I'll post it here again to save it in the interwebs forever.

In November, we went down to Macau with 2 other families; one of the attractions that weekend was the Macau Grand Prix. As we were walking through the Venetian mall to get to the taxi stand, we were approached by a friendly American person (a complete stranger) that said "Hi!" and was fascinated to see other Americans in Macau.

Turns out, she is a producer for CBS News based in Beijing, and they are doing a story on Macau. So she wanted to know why we were there. I resisted the temptation to tell her our visits are because of a possible gambling addiction I have.

Then my friend Jim mentions to her that I go to Vegas every year, and I would be able to compare Vegas and Macau well. The producer perked up, and asked if I wanted to talk about it on camera. Sure! Why not!

So out comes this big African-American reporter, Bill Whitaker, who is impeccably dressed and is at least 6'4". Nice guy. After 15 minutes of small talk - and me miraculously pulling out a golf shirt from Janice's bag - the on-camera interview started.

The piece finally ran in the US this monday (Jan 14). Here is the link!

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50138972n

Do I really sound like this?
 

3 comments:

mer said...

Yes

SteveB said...

This is your "Future Congressman Eric Zahn" voice. You have others, like the winey "I didn't get exactly what I wanted" voice or the triumphant "I just made a birdy and you didn't voice" and . . .

Layup said...

Or the "I'm obviously smarter than you and I'm shocked you are so dumb" voice or my favorite the "Dealer just insulted the Browns for the 4th time and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to stay here and laugh nervously, jump across the table and shut him up myself or just leave" voice.