Nov 18, 2012

NFL Week 11: Macanese Food

Hello from Qube, the kids play area at the Venetian Macao! The family is here for a long weekend because the kids have a random day off from school on Monday - and Janice and I are celebrating our anniversary!

You would think that when I write about Macao food, I would talk about Asian dishes or the popular Portuguese Egg Tart - but no. The enduring memories from Macao will be two restaurants:
- Morton's, and
- Fatburger.

As I have mentioned before, Macao is our escape - we are not interested in the culture here; we come here to get away from it all for a short while and shop/eat/gamble (I guess I have to, since it is here). And the presence of familiar Western chains make it all the more comfortable.

This trip we had some long delays in immigration and got into the hotel at midnight Friday night. The kids were hungry - thank God Fatburger was open until 1:30! That's usually our first stop on any Macao trip - the Fatburger and the milkshakes are soothing after weeks of green beans and pork.

And yes, Morton's is here at the hotel as well. It's the only place we regularly go to for real steak. Wiz took me here on a date last winter (he paid); I was here for my 40th; we took my parents here, and Janice and I have been twice. It's nice now that the boys are older and can stay in the room by themselves for 2 hours as we indulge ourselves.

So we leave the culture-exploring to other countries; for us, we strictly eat American when in Macao.

On to the games:

Atl 31, Az 27. A letdown for the Falcons - and I think the Cards will have some tricks up their sleeve after the bye.

Car 20, TB 17. I am jumping off the Bucs bandwagon here.

GB 31, Det 24. Green Bay needs to keep accelerating to have a chance at the division.

Hou 20, Jax 17. After winning "a playoff game" last week (their words), a letdown is coming for the Texans.

StL 23, NYJ 16. Boy, that Rex Ryan sure can coach, can't he?

Phi 23, Was 20. I know where the Eagles are at - but what about the Skins? Are they still trying their best? Are they playing their youth? Who knows with Shanahan.

Cin 27, KC 10. Last Monday night was the last stand for the Chiefs.

Oak 31, NO 27. Another letdown game. The Saints - after their big win - going outdoors to the West Coast? Not a good situation for the Saints. 

Den 26, SD 23. I just don't htink the Chargers will be embarassed again.

NE 30, Ind 27. The Colts offense will keep this close (even though their defense may get torched).

Pit 27, Bal 20. The Steelers have experience in playing with Leftwich - and I don't think the Ravens D is all that good to shut down the Steelers. 

SF 20, Chi 10. It looks like Campbell will go Monday night, right? The 49ers will be ready. 

Best bets: 17 of them. Last week: 11-7; overall: 86-65-4.

Az +9 1/2
Az/Atl over 44
Car +1 1/2
TB/Car under 48
GB -3
Jax +15
StL -3 1/2
Phi +3 1/2
Cin -3 1/2
Cin/KC under 43
Oak +5
SD +7 1/2
Ind +9 1/2
Pit +3 1/2
Bal/Pit over 40 1/2
SF -4
Chi/SF under 36 1/2

Supercontest: Last week: 2-3; overall: 27-22-1.
Cin -3
Jax +15
StL -3
Pit +3 1/2
SF -4



No comments: