Aug 21, 2011

Don't get to work late

I got into the office late one day - about 8:45, 8:50 or so. After getting my 600mL bottle of Pepsi at the Circle K (cost: 3.50 yuan, or about 60 cents) I headed to the elevators.



Apparently, the subway just arrived and there were a horde of people at the elevators. Here is a picture of the line I was in - the elevator I wanted was directly to the right.

The line of people in back is for the far elevators - the elevators are by the blurry TV screen. There were at least 50 people in line.

As you can see, they set up the airplane-gate ropes by the elevator to maintain a constant queue going to the separate elevators.

The lesson, of course - everyone in the 40 story office building arrives between 8:45 and 9:30. Don't arrive at those times.

No comments: