Dec 12, 2010

Sports Market



Went to the tourist shopping market today, called "Beijing Lu" - Beijing Street. Bought some Elmo's World DVDs for 25 yuan (about $4) each. Not bad.
One section of the market was dedicated to sports apparel/equipment - Nike, adidas, Converse, etc. No sign of Stadia, however.

Anyway, two questions for the group from this trip:


1. I need help from Craig, Mike, or others that have a vested interested in the EPL: Should I shop in this first store, or teach my sons to run away?

(and in the Venetian at Macau, there was the "Manchester United Experience" store in the plaza. Again, avoid or jump in?)




2. I would love to purchase multiple copies of this banner (the second picture) and give to our Univ of Maryland readers.....How profitable could I be if I bought 10,000 of these and marketed to every non-Duke ACC fan in the age range of 30-50? This would make a great background for rifle target practice, to put on a punching bag, in a urinal.....

4 comments:

Schillzilla said...

What i love about the Battier picture, is that I can still clearly make out his testicle-like features that appear on his dome. Ugh.

Layup said...

Whose your daddy....Battier still haunts my dreams.

He still doesn't annoy me as much as some others.

And since the Cleveland sports scene is sad, you might not want to get cute and get the boys with a winner. And that wouldn't be Aresenal, it would be Man U.

jorge blogsada said...

Is that shane battier or the tough kid from glee?

mer said...

Has F&J hit a new low with a comment referencing a character from Glee?