Jul 8, 2010

Parenting Question

So -

Do I let (or make) Freddie (who is 9, by the way) watch the LeBron show tonight?

I think it will hurt him - not crush him, but he will be very disappointed.

Is it time to expose him to the Cleveland curse with sporting events? Losing to the Lions on an untimed play is one thing - losing the biggest superstar the city has ever had is completely another.

For the record, my first memory of a crushing blow for Cleveland sports was the Red Right 88 game vs. Oakland in 1981. I, too, was 9.

3 comments:

mer said...

Let em watch, tell him the Easter Bunny is dead and that you're a fat Santa...It will turn him into a man.

mer said...

Oh and I'm not gonna watch by choice unless it's on in the bar I'll probably be in tonight. I hope the big loser goes someplace else.

Sweet said...

See my note below. No reason to watch as the answer is obvious.