Jan 6, 2010

You think it's bad now, Layup?

Layup - you think parenting is rough now with a newborn?

This afternoon, the phone rang. I paused the TV (Judge Judy) and went to answer the phone. I was on the phone for about 7-10 minutes.

When I got back, the remote was nowhere to be found. Our 16 month old Martin was in the area playing at the time.

I searched for a good 15 minutes - no luck. I bribed our two older kids: "Hey guys, who wants to earn a dollar? Find the remote!"

After 20 minutes, Warren came back and said: "You hid the remote well, Dad! We can't find it!"

I've torn apart the couch 3 times. No luck.

I've looked in the garbage and the toilet. Nope.

It's now 7:30 pm and the remote is still missing.

3 comments:

The Dudeman said...

Honestly the scariest thing about that post is that you were watching Judge Judy. You have a perfectly good DVR and you're wasting space on that? I guess I shouldn't point fingers since my DVR contains such wonderful entries as Cops, MTV Cribs and Steven Seagal Lawman (that one's not really a terribly entertaining show, but it's worth watching an episode or two to see how fat that guy's gotten since Under Seige)

Eric Z said...

The Laundry Room!

RRD said...

Sounds like a PSA for new fathers, 'It's 7:30 pm, do you know where your remote is?'.