Aug 19, 2009

I'm getting pumped for the NFL

All this Brett Favre crapola has me pumped for the NFL season. All the talk about Favre and the Vikings make me madder than hell. Many people are talking about the schedule the Vikes have.

Peter King, talking about the Vikings and critiquing the Favre signing:
It's also quite possible,... that the Vikings could start very strong, and either Sage Rosenfels or Tarvaris Jackson could have solidified his grip on the job and the team will decided it's fine at quarterback. (First five Viking games: at Cleveland, at Detroit, San Francisco, Green Bay, at St. Louis.)
Wouldn't you agree Minnesota could be 4-1 or 5-0, even with mediocre quarterback play?

Go screw yourself.

We are going to sneak up on the Vikes and beat them week 1. In Cleveland. Mangini will push the right buttons and force Favre's hand. We'll pull out the bag of tricks. Maybe - just maybe - our coach can out-coach someone else for a chance (Lord know, it didn't happen the last 4 years).

But all this Favre talk is making me look more and more forward to September 13.

Cleveland 24, Minnesota 16.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, I am looking forward to Week 3 and Week 10 already. 2 wins for Baltimore.

mer said...

Eric, Eric, Eric, your delusion continues for another season. The Browns should be disbanded for the last time. And take the Indians too.

Sweet said...

When I first read your post, I thought ...wow, he is delusional. I still think that.

The first pre-season game showed the same issues that plagued us last year. There needs to be an end to all the non-sense in very short order (like tonight against Detroit).

Also, why can't Mangini make a choice on a QB? Its time. If he doesn't pick someone early next week, 'll be very disappointed.

When does the NBA tip-off? Did I actually say that?

Eric Z said...

It never ceases to amaze me that a Baltimore fan has to come in and inject his supposed superiority on a thread about 2 other NFL teams.

Insecure much? Why don't know find a Falcons-Saints preview where you can sing the praises of Tom Zbikowski?

And for the record, we are 2-2 vs. the Ravens in our last 4 meetings - and we blew the one at home last year. So I wouldn't consider those 2 games as automatic W's yet....

Kermit and Don: You will never be wrong underestimating my delusion when it comes to the Browns.

But let's talk logic.....

we were 4-12 last year.

the last 5 games were played with Ken Dorsey and Bruce Gradkowski as QB. No NFL team can win a game with them under center.

We were a 4-7 team when the injury bug hit both our QBs.

Now - a 4-7 record which included close/blown leads agsinst:
- Pittsburgh
- Baltimore (at home)
- Denver
- Washington

The change in coach would gain us at least one of those wins.

We have the talent, and now the coaching staff, to be an 8-8 team this year.

If you want to criticize Mangini after one preseson game, well then, go ahead. I won't stop you.

But that's like saying you will shoot 94 if your first ball on the range is a 120 yard duck hook.

Unknown said...

I believe that thread was titled, "I'm getting pumped for the NFL." If you are pumped for the NFL for one game between 2 teams than your delusion continues.

Why do I think the Ravens take both games against Cleveland again this year? We destroyed you in Baltimore. We won in Cleveland. Coulda, woulda, shoulda all you want, but we won that game with a rookie qb and the youngest O-Line in the league.

Your team is no better than it was a year ago (possibly worse with the loss of Winslow) and you still have a former Raven 3rd string QB that you overpaid for after 1 season. Your coach still can't make the decision to name a starter.

BTW, take a look out our injury list from last year. We lost 2 qbs in preseason and ended up starting the rookie. Depleted secondary, injuries at D-line and WR.

As for Cleveland, are you predicting a 5-11 record this year? If I was, I wouldn't have titled this thread as, "I'm getting pumped for the NFL" when I was specifically speaking of only the Vikings and the Browns.

On a side note, I will still use your analysis on best bets for my survivor picks :).