Aug 17, 2008

One more golf tournament

The last individual event for the 2008 season is upon us tomorrow. Don, Craig and I will be playing in the Cincinnati Met Mid-Am, the amateur championship for those 25 and older. Miraculously, I finished 4th last year.

Lines for tomorrow's first round action (the final 18 are on Tuesday):

Eric favored by 1 over Don
(this was a pickem until Saturday's head to head matchup)

Craig favored by 5.5 over Don

Craig favored by 4.5 over Eric

Three person special: Don, Craig and Eric's score:
Over / under set at 239.5

Results should be posted at gcga.org later in the day Monday.


And what else is tomorrow night? The Browns on Monday Night Football! I haven't posted too much on here about the Browns yet because I don't know what to say. I am nervously optimistic about this season. We are talented enough to go 11-5 or so, but if a couple of things go wrong, this could snowball into a 6-10 season.

We have so many games this year that I could see us winning or losing even if we play well:
- home vs Dallas
- both Pittsburgh games
- at Washington
- home vs NY Giants
- home vs Indianapolis
- at Tennessee
- at Jacskonville
- at Philadephia

and I don't think we are good enough (yet) to assume 4-0 vs Baltimore and Cincinnati.

Bottom line: check back with me on Sept 13. While the first game vs. Dallas is important - and I will be elated if we win and disappointed if we lose - the second game at home vs Pittsburgh is the big big big test.

If we win, expect 3 days of jubliant posts on this board.
If we lose, I will be distraught.

1 comment:

Wiz said...

Way to fire two sweet 89s. You must have been feeling it on Monday! Even Sabo beat you!