Jul 9, 2008

Random Thoughts

- The C C trade doesn't bother me too much. What else were we going to do? We are in last place, and it's most likely we weren't going to sign him anyway. Let's just hope that we obtained the outfield bat we so desperately need for this lineup. Having light hitters like Francisco, Gutierrez and such isn't going to cut it for the future.

- The Indians season may be over, but....15 days until training camp!

- Had another good craps in Iowa this past week, based on pressing up one unit. The strategy:
a. point with double odds
b. 6 and 8 for $12 each
c. first hit on the 6/8: same bet
d. second hit on the number: press up one unit to $18
e. third hit on the number: press two units to $30

And then keep the same bet and hope for the $35 payouts.

I also finally had a "double horn"; when I start winning, I throw a $5 horn high ace-deuce on the come out. I won the first on a 2 - paying $26; I then pressed it to $10. The roll came 3.

What does a horn-high ace-deuce for $10 pay on a 3? I finally found out! $54.

- My golf game is in such shambles that:
a. I needed to birdie 18 (and have Layup bogey it) just to tie Layup;
b. Random strangers are now offering me golf tips - and they are working!

- I need to stop snacking late at night. The actual thought in my head at 11:20 pm on Monday night:
1. "Hey! there's some Swedish fish left in the bag!"
2. "Ooooo....Burger King Zesty Onion Ring Sauce...."
3. "I wonder how it would taste if I dipped the Swedish Fish candy in that sauce....."

Next trial: Oreo cookies in Open Pit.

- I see that a song called "I kissed a Girl" is #1 on the charts. Is this a remake of the early 90's song? Does anyone remember that? I remember watching Beavis and Butthead comment on this video during the B&B heydays. It was being in Steve's basement, playing gin for hours watching "Beavis and Butthead" marathons. I think the episode with the "I Kissed A Girl" video was the same episode as Henry Rollins' "Liar". Also may have been a forgotten video featuring a woman with a gardening tool:

Beavis: " Is that a hoe?"
Butthead: "Yeah, but what is she carrying with her?"

Ah, memories.

1 comment:

mer said...

"I kissed a girl" is my girlfriend's favorite song. I thought I had a picture of her kissing a girl in Key West but can't seem to find it right now. Sorry for your luck.