Dec 21, 2014

NFL Week 16: Electronics Market

It's hard to believe it is here - it is our last night in Guangzhou. Tomorrow morning - bright and early, in the 2nd quarter of the late afternoon games - we will head to the Guangzhou airport for a final time and leave the city, heading for Hawaii. The last 2 weeks have been an emotional whirlwind of goodbyes and panic in wrapping everything up, packing and moving. (I still haven't finished all my work yet for China - that may happen on the flight....).

I won't be rhapsodizing about China in this post -maybe that's for the playoffs or something - but today was our last visits to the markets, and the final visit today was to the market that many ex-pats know by heart - the electronics market.

This place - and I should say blocks, not a "place" - has everything under the sun. It has the items you would expect - the DVDs, I Phones, phone cases - but also hi-fi stereo equipment, industrial-powered lasers, water speakers that vibrate with the sound of the music, walkie talkies, and everything else.

This was the place where I went the first week I was here to get my phone card - I think I blogged about this before, where I had to pick my own phone number - and was the last market we went to today. We got a few X Box games, pocket lasers, 3' charger cords, and other cheap items. We will see if our X Box games actually work on our box in about 10 days.

(We also went to the watch market earlier today - that's becoming a process like entering the NORAD control center now - and I don't have pictures of that). Had to look at the offering one last time!

To the games:

Phi 27, Was 17
SD 23, SF 13
(I could be a smart ass and pick the Washington upset, since it happened earlier today.....)
Mia 23, Min 17
Det 23, Chi 20
Bal 23, Hou 10
NO 27, Atl 20
NE 28, NYJ 20
KC 23, Pit 20
GB 30, TB 13
StL 30, NYG 20
Dal 30, Ind 24
Oak 20, Buf 17
Sea 17, Az 14
Den 27, Cin 20

Best bets: 13 of them. Last week: 9-6-1; overall: 94-114-4

SD +1 (winner!)
Chi +8
Bal -5 1/2
Bal/Hou under 42
Atl/NO under 56
KC +2 1/2
GB -11 1/2
GB/TB under 49
StL -6 1/2
NYG/StL over 43 1/2
Oak +6 1/2
Az +7 1/2
Den -3 1/2

Supercontest picks: Last week: 4-1; overall: 41-33-1
SD +1 (winner!)
Bal -5 1/2
KC +3
StL -4 1/2
Az +8

 

No comments: