Sep 8, 2010

The Browns

Yes, I am still excited for the NFL season to start. I was able to participate in 2 fantasy football drafts, I'm in a pick-em pool and now 2 suicide pools. And I will have two full weekend days to think about the games - unlike you suckers in America that have - at most - 1 1/2 days (and for Layup, it's just 1).

I will try not to be polly-annaish about the Browns, but here's my prediction for the season, based on teh schedule:

Games vs AFC North (6): 2-4. I do think we can win 2 in the division this year. I think we beat Pittsbrugh once (at home, probably), and then win one game against Baltimore or Cincinnati. I'm pretty sure one of those teams is overrated - they can't both go 11-5, can they? I'm leaning toward the Bengals being overrated and us winning vs. Cincinnati at home. So I think 2 wins in the division is doable.

Games vs NFC South (4): 2-2. Well, we're not beating the Saints in New Orleans. I think we should win 2 out of 3 against Tampa on the road and Carolina and Atlanta at home. I'm not that impressed with the Falcons. The opener - if we win - will go a long way to get us to 2-2 vs the NFC South. It's still doable if we lose week 1.

Games vs AFC East (4): 2-2. If we can win at Buffalo last year with the worst quarterbacking the NFL has seen in 40 years, with the Browns completing 2 passes all game and Mr. Anderson having a 0.0 rating for the second half....then we can win at Buffalo again this year.

And for those of you that don't remember the game I'm talking about, click here. This was a game for the ages.

Can we get another one among the Pats at home, Jets at home, and Dolphins on the road? I think so. Either the Pats or the Jets are overrated. Right now, my money's on the Jets being overrated and being 7-9 this year or so. But the Pats may be in decline as well. I think the game at Miami will be the toughest.

Bonus games (2): 1-1. The 2 other games are home vs. KC and at Jacksonville. Week 2 - the home opener vs. KC - is the key. We have to win that one.

Total: 7-9. I think this is a fair estimate. And if somehow we can get a 3rd win vs. the NFC South, a win at Jacksonville, and a 3rd division win - that gets us to 10-6. Hey, I can dream....

2 comments:

Layup said...

Is it funny that Carolina thinks that they will be so much better this year because they got rid of Jake, while the Browns think that they are going to be better because they got Jake? Who is wrong?

And while both the Pats and Jets might be getting too much hype right now, that doesn't mean that they are going to be push overs. They both are projected to make the superbowl from what I have read, so maybe they won't but they will be 9-10 win teams.

Sweet said...

Carolina and the Browns can both be correct. Did you watch or read about the QB's we had last year?

For a source that knows, and I quote "Sanchez is the biggest pussy I've ever met." We'll see how the wonder kid does this year.